GET TO KNOW ME
One of the best things about being a science communicator is being able to unlock stories about incredible innovations and discoveries coming out of Asia. I'd love to share with you a little about myself, and what my mission is.
In 2018, I walked away from a tenure-track academic career in biomedical research and nearly a decade of training at Cambridge University and MIT, to pursue my calling to deliver social impact through science communication.
Today, I'm serving the STEM community as the founder & CEO of Wildtype Media Group, Asia’s leading STEM-focused media company, spanning digital, social, print and events.
At Asian Scientist Magazine, our North Star is to "make Asian scientists household names."
I AM A KEYNOTE SPEAKER
I am a keynote speaker and professional moderator with experience moderating top industry panels and fireside chats.
I have run press conferences and industry panels for global brands such as P&G, AstraZeneca and Roche.
Notably, I moderated three panels in January 2020 at the World Economic Forum 50th Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland, including the press conference on the COVID-19 outbreak.
AWARDS & MEDIA COVERAGE
For my scientific research, I was a recipient of the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science National Fellowship and MIT Technology Review’s 10 Innovators Under 35 (Asia).
MY SPEAKING PORTFOLIO
Here's some industry panels I've moderated:
- World Economic Forum Annual Meeting: A panel discussion on Alzheimer's disease with then-NIH Director Dr Francis Collins (Davos, Switzerland)
- ATxSingapore: An fireside chat with Pierre Gaudreault, Asia President, Pfizer Biopharmaceuticals (Singapore)
- AstraZeneca: A press conference with medical experts (Linked Live)
- P&G: A panel on the launch of the P&G Singapore Innovation Center (LinkedIn Live)
- Women's Forum Annual Meeting: A panel discussion on education and skills (Paris, France)
- Falling Walls Summit: A panel discussion on the hydrogen economy (Berlin, Germany)
Here's some keynote speeches and workshops I've given:
- L'Oréal For Women in Science Festival: A keynote speech on my science communication journey (Paris, France)
- ST Engineering: A keynote on future technologies such as quantum communication (Singapore)
- Liftoff Mobile: A keynote on embracing change and slaying the imposter syndrome (Singapore)
- J&J Consumer Health: A workshop for the R&D team to communicate scientific research effectively to the general public (virtual)
- A*STAR Singapore: A strategic branding workshop on harnessing the power of an organization's employees to boost brand awareness on LinkedIn (Singapore)
SCIENCE OF WORK PODCAST
Is there a science to achieving a fulfilling and successful career?
In Season 1 of the podcast, I interview business leaders on topics such as finding passion and purpose at work, interpersonal communication, professional growth and work-life balance.
SPIKE: THE VIRUS VS THE PEOPLE
I moderated the COVID-19 outbreak press conference at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos on 23 January 2020.
In the book Spike: The Virus Versus the People, the Inside Story, WHO Chief Scientist Sir Jeremy Farrar and co-author Anjana Ahuja write: "The somber meeting, in a darkened Issue Briefing Room, was briskly chaired by Juliana Chan, a science communicator from Singapore."
Let's stay in touch.
Subscribe to my Find Your Superpower weekly newsletter & WhatsApp community: